neoTextil Step & Repeat is a Adobe® Photoshop® panel and includes different tools to create a repeat of a design. Use a fix or graphically offset and an individual drop in vertical or horizontal direction. It can support up to 256 layers. Generate the repeatability of designs with any image size.
The practical preview window allows to follow your adjustments on repeat creation in real-time. Directly connected to Adobe® Photoshop® allowing to repeat using the move tool.
Open a document with Adobe® Photoshop®, then display the drop-down option list from Window | Extensions and finally click on nT Step & Repeat version...
The units are using the Photoshop units that is selected in Photoshop Information.
Zoom & Preview
The zoom option allows to scale the preview. By default the preview has an 3x3 repetition in the document. Once the zoom is applied, it will keep the zoom factor for the selected document. Using buttonit will adjust the preview to the panel width regardless how the panel is resized.
default 3x3 preview
zoom of 100%
The preference allows to choose the preview quality.
- If you want to work very quickly, then the preference Speed will allow you to do this. With the HQ button you can get any time the high quality preview and will last until the next refresh.
- If you want to work always in high quality, then the preference Quality will apply to the HQ quality always.
The field Drop sets the offset between repeats. You can select default drop values or enter custom values. The field Mode sets the direction of the drop field, horizontal or vertical. Using an image with suspected drop information it can detect the drop automatically in your image.
The Offset can be set manually in two different ways: graphically or position values.
Proceeding graphically, this is done by moving the red square in the preview within the panel's design, to any new desired offset position. The new offset will be reflected numerically in pixel, and the document's image will automatically show the changed offset.
Entering the Offset values with or without units (px, mm, cm, pt, etc.) in the horizontal and vertical fields, we modify them manually. When these fields are entered, the above options Drop and Mode become inactive. Values without units will be used in pixel by default.
nT Step&Repeat offers four standard predetermined offset modes, applicable with the following buttons. The standard offset modes are default settings to use 1/1, 1/2, 2/1 or 2/2 offset positions.
In the Panel you are able to auto rapport the image with the named option.
1. For practical example, we are adding a new layer to the image.
2. In the Panel, enable the Auto Rapport option. When the option is once enabled, we move the layer using the Move tool . When we click on this will apply the selected offset on the selected layer and to the ones connected to it.
3. When the option is once enabled, we move the layer using the Move tool .
4. When we click on this will apply the selected offset on the selected layer and to the ones connected to it.